I’m not sure if its a symptom of all artists, all humanity, or just me, but I am always finding myself wanting something more (often, many somethings.) Right now, my current object of longing is Stampington & Company’s new Art Journaling Magazine. I’ve browsed one of their other publications, the Somerset Studios magazine, and enjoyed several of the articles, so when I saw this, I was thrilled. The examples look beautiful, and I’m really curious to see what sorts of articles and techniques are in there. Really, the price isn’t bad at all either. However, I have exactly $0.98 in my bank account right now. Its not in my budget. Perhaps when I have a budget again though. I imagine I will give in eventually. My will power really isn’t as strong as it should be.
January 25, 2009
Another Addition to my (Frighteningly Long) Wish List…
Cassandra is a 24 year old soon-to-be teacher, used-to-be poet, and when-I-can mixed-media artist; a bookish little nerd with her head in the clouds and the Lord's Word in her heart. View all posts by cassandramarie
This entry was posted on Sunday, January 25th, 2009 at 3:52 pm and tagged with art, art journal, collage, inspiration, magazine, mixed-media, pretty, self-exploration, visual journal, wish and posted in Art Publications, Artistic Pursuits. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- Post more often! (For now, every wednesday.)
Make the header less ugly.
- Get the 7gypsies paper binderie to finish my wish journal.
- Update the challenges page-- prune out dead sites, add in new ones.
- Finish and post the Goodies and Reading Room pages I had in mind ages ago.
- adventure aged altered book antique art art journal atc beeswax birds birthday box card challenge collage color craft creativity distressed draw Drawing eggs expedition fairy-tale flower fun gesso gift goals green hillside how-to inspiration Introduction knitting leaves love magazine map marker messy mixed-media musings outdoors paint paper Peter-Pan photography poetry pretty process purpose quote resolutions self-exploration sewing somerset stamp stampington swap temecula text thoughts tissue paper treasure-chest tutorial update visual journal walk watercolor wax wineries wish wooden work in progress Writing